Monday, January 4, 2016

One Life at a Time Layout

I was planning to use a sketch challenge to scrapbook these pictures from the December food drive at church, but when I sat down and started working with the pictures, it just wasn't feeling right. Instead, I went old school Becky Higgins and created an open grid with different sized photos.I was inspired by four challenges as I created this layout:
• The Saving & Spending challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers inspired me to turn to my box of leftover Cricut die-cuts. I only cut one new shape for this layout!
• The tags challenge from Use Your Stuff inspired me to use tags as accent pieces.
Scrapbook.com's Cricut challenge inspired me to pull hearts out of my Cricut die-cut stash.
• The "One" challenge from Heart to Heart had me stumped initially, until I reflected on the personal nature of our interactions with the people who come to the food drive. There may be a big crowd, but we touch them one by one! I tried to convey this in my journaling.
If you live near Upland, CA and need food, please call Sierra Vista
Community Church and ask about our food pantry!
Recipe:
Snowhaven Level 2 papers
Cranberry, Desert Sand, Juniper, Glacier, Black, Bamboo  & White Daisy cardstock
Cranberry, Desert Sand, Juniper & Glacier ink
White gel pen (Uniball Signo)
Cranberry & Black stripe grosgrain ribbon
Cranberry & Black baker's twine
All shapes were cut using the Cricut Art Philosophy, Artiste & Artbooking cartridges

12 comments:

Marg Van Patten said...

This page has so much going for it. Awesome photos! Really like how you used the embellishments to express the love and joy that went into this event. From one old school grid girl to another ... Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Great collage layout, truly shows the impact the program is making to the community. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart!

Anonymous said...

This turned out so amazing! I absolutely love how you incorporated the challenges into the layout and I just love BH for her sketches! Great job!
Thanks for sharing with us at USE YOUR STUFF and hope to see you again!
Tammy DT

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing layout!! Love how you incorporated it all! Thank you for playing at H2H Challenge Blog!

Paige Dolecki said...

What a beautiful layout and I truly love how you used the One challenge from Heart2Heart in your journaling. Perfect for the food drive theme of your layout!

Paige - Stampologist.com
Heart2Heart Challenges - DT

Lori said...

I love everything about this layout! The design, the colors, the tags...it is just beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along with our tag challenge this week at Use Your Stuff!

Melissa Robinson said...

Love it and all that is conveyed in this page! It is perfect! Thank you for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

H2H Design Team

SweetScraps said...

This is just awesome I'm glad you decided to just let your pics speak for themselves, and Thanks for Tagging along at Use Your Stuff!

Laurie Levorson said...

This is very inspirational and a clever way to incorporate the theme of "ONE"! Love how you were able to showcase so many photos on your layout. Thank you for sharing at Heart 2 Heart!

Lauren said...

I love the colour combination of this layout and all of those wonderful photos you have managed to showcase! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H challenges.

Heather Jane said...

Great take on the theme by using "one" in each line of text! I really am LOVING the style of journaling that you did. Black text boxes with white accents really pops. I am going to have to give that a try! Glad you played along again at Heart 2 Heart.

Brandi said...

What a great layout, I love the colours, embellishments everything. Awesome job! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

Brandi R
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca