Thursday, October 23, 2014

Celebrate Freedom Layout

These are just a few of my family's photos from July 4th. The bulk of them I am placing in a 12 pocket page protector (Project Life Style), so I got to have fun with just a trio of photos. July 4th pictures are usually difficult for me to scrap, probably because the color schemes are always so bright, but for some reason, this layout just flew together. I've been trying to do some of the Stashbusters challenges at Splitcoast Stampers, so thanks to challenge hostess Ann for the inspiration to add some older product to my layout.
Recipe:
Blue Ribbon Level 2 papers
Outdoor Denim, Honey & Cranberry cardstock
Cranberry, Outdoor Denim & Honey ink
Cranberry satin ribbon
Outdoor Denim baker's twine
Red eyelets (MM)
Silver-rimmed tag
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: title. stars
Pattern: Showtime from Jeanette Lynton's Magic
Challenges: Child's Play Jack in the Box challenge (I used the color scheme from the toy); Lasting Memories Beautiful Friendship challenge (our friends/neighbors moved this summer and we really miss them, so I was thankful to find this picture of my boys with them at the parade in 2012)

11 comments:

Steffanie said...

Nice job with the challenge. Love how you combined the photo corners, eyelets and twine. Thanks for joining us at Child's Play!!

KarenB said...

Wonderful, vibrant colours. Fabulous LO :)

Michele said...

Ohhhh... I see eyelets!! :) I have so many and am always happy to see other scrappers still using theirs. This is a super fun layout and I love your sideways title. Thanks for joining our Friends challenge at Lasting Memories.

Denise Price said...

Beautiful page--the primary colors look great! Thanks for taking the CPC challenge.

Anonymous said...

Great take on the challenge. So glad you joined in the fun over at Child's Play Challenges!!

Marg Van Patten said...

What a fun, festive page! I just might scrounge up a few eyelets for my next project! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lyne said...

Great use of the Jack In The Box colors. Thanks for playing at Child's Play Challenge
Lyne -DT
For scrapbook inspiration follow me at Lynn’s Everyday Ideas

Jane said...

Such a bright and happy page. Thanks for joining in with us at Child's Play and Lasting Memories!

Heather M said...

Great job with the colors and what a fun layout! Thanks for joining us at Child's Play Challenges.

Life in Colors said...

Great page ! Love the straight lines in it, everything fitts so perfectly together ! Thanks for playing with us at Child's play challenges !

MJ's Kraze said...

Lovely page. I is so simple but very stunning. Thanks for playing along at Child's Play Challenges.