Wednesday, May 28, 2014

SCS Variety Challenge 204 - Rose Garden

I'm tickled pink to be hosting another Splitcoast Stampers Variety Challenge, and this may be your golden opportunity to try something new and make your friend green with envy over your talent! Okay, enough with the color puns, but hopefully they inspired you to play along using the link below. I'll be really blue if you pass up this chance to have fun (couldn't resist one last pun)!

SBVC204 - Top Marks
I’m a little slow to get on the coloring craze that’s sweeping the scrapbooking and card-making world, but seeing other people’s artwork is getting me motivated! Today’s challenge is to pull out the markers or colored pencils and add some coloring to your layout. You can start with a stamped or digital image, or you can go wild and freehand something. Whatever you decide, you’ll get top marks for completing this challenge!

And now on to my layout. In 2012, we had a membership to the Natural History Museum in Exposition Park, so we went there a lot, and, of course, we took lots of pictures! Here are a few photos of the rose garden that is next to the museum. For those who watch the t.v. show Bones, this is where the exterior shots of the "Jeffersonian" were filmed. Anyone recognize this building?
For my layout, I created a garden border to match the flower garden. The scalloped borders worked nicely as planter borders, and I went to town coloring the stamped flowers. I even popped up a couple to create a 3-D effect.
Recipe:
A Flowering Bunch, You Are My Happy Alphabet & Enjoy the Little Things stamp sets
Cashmere & White Daisy cardstock
Pink vellum (Hot off the Press)
Sweet Leaf & Whisper ink
Black pigment ink
Ruby, Cotton Candy, Blush, Smokey Plum, Sweet Leaf, Honey, Desert Sand & Chocolate markers
Black journaling pen
Clear embossing powder
Mocha Opaques
3-D foam tape
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: scalloped border
Pattern: Let's Scrap 8-9-13 (right page only)

1 comment:

canadian_liner said...

Awesome job with the coloured garden border! I love your "edging" (border punch) too.