Monday, April 28, 2014

Brothers & BFFs Layout

This layout went in a different direction than I originally intended. I was simply going to do an intro page for a trip to the Natural History Museum, but I kept looking at the picture of my boys together and wanted somehow to celebrate their brotherly bond. I then happened upon the "Best Advice Ever" journaling card in the My Crush Best Day Ever Assortment, and I decided to write some advice to my boys about treasuring their relationship. The friends forever and BFF die-cuts were lucky finds, too, since I was actually looking for a brothers die-cut, but I love what they add to the layout, and hope they express my wish for my boys.
Recipe:
Bingo Alphabet & Notice the Details stamp sets
Typeset Level 2 papers
Outdoor Denim, Creme Brulee & Colonial White cardstock
Juniper & Barn Red ink
Outdoor Denim, Barn Red & Juniper markers
My Crush Best Day Ever Assortment journaling spot & stickers
That's Amore journaling spot
Juniper washi tape
Honey washi tape
Juniper paper clip
Heart punch (EK Success)
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: friends forever & BFF titles, arrow
Pattern: Sketch 'n Scrap #54
Challenges: Little Red Wagon numbers challenge (I included a date and there are numbers on one of my papers)

7 comments:

Jen said...

Awesome page!! You did a great job with the sketch and love the layering!! Beautiful colors too! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Lisa in Texas said...

How sweet! Love the advice! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Sura said...

Great job! Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap. Surama

Monique Nicole Fox said...

Cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful layout!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch n Scrap!!! :) Evie

Kerry said...

Just awesome! Love the photo's, the layering and all the great details! Thanks for sharing your wonderful page with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

Darcy said...

Fantastic layers! Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!