Thursday, October 3, 2013

SDBG Layout

In case you are wondering but can't read the journaling on my layout, the title stands for San Diego Botanic Gardens. I wanted to use my cork letter stickers but the whole name would not fit, so I took the easy way out! Anyway, here is a second layout for the new Stash Busters challenge for Splitcoast Stampers, and I combined it with the Color Dare from Color My Heart. The challenge this week is to use 2 patterned papers that are over a year old, picture or letter stickers, wire or metal, and vellum. I'm having a great time getting rid of stuff from my stash. If you want to play, visit the Stash Busters challenge at SCS.
Recipe:
Mayberry & Emporium Level 2 papers
Sweet Leaf, Olive & Bamboo cardstock
Sweet Leaf & Olive ink
Cork Color Ready Alphabet
Olive craft buttons & brads
Sweet Leaf fabric brad
White Daisy & Spring Blossom Just Blooms
Black wire (Artistic Wire, Ltd.)
Pattern: EMS Sketch 24
Challenges: Splitcoast Stampers Stash Busters October Week 1, Color My Heart Sweet Leaf & Olive Color Dare, Heart 2 Heart Au Naturale challenge (I used flowers)

3 comments:

sarahstone said...

Wow, beautiful layout, Cheryl! I'm sorry you missed the cutoff, but we moved it to noon (central) a while back so that we could vote on the winners. Hope you can play again next time at Color My Heart!

Sarah

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

I love your layout, Cheryl! The cork letters look fantastic! I am so sorry about the deadline...it changed to 12 noon on Thursdays a few weeks ago, and I can hardly remember myself! Thanks so much for playing along with the Color Dare!

Paige Dolecki said...

Cheryl -

Love, love, love your stash busting nature themed layout! It looks like you had a fun filled day exploring and enjoying outdoor time.

Thanks for joining us at Heart2Heart Challenges this week and sharing your creations with us!

Paige - DT
www.Stampologist.com