Sunday, September 29, 2013

Chilling at the Beach Layout

I still have many challenges to play over at Splitcoast Stampers Virtual Scrapbook Night, but I posted one that will let me play even more challenges! This one involves going back and doing any of the incomplete challenges from the mini-VSBN that was held in August as a prelude to this weekend. I was really busy at the time of the Mini-VSBN, so I only completed my own challenge, so now I am going to try to go back and do them all! For my first one, I loved Wendy's Washi What??? challenge. She included several links for making faux washi tape, and I picked the one featuring a Xyron, since I own a Xyron! It wasn't quite as easy as the tutorial made it sound, but I liked being able to stamp on the tape and match it to the theme of my layout. I paired it up with the only roll of Washi tape I own, and I really like the result.
Recipe:
A Typeface & Surf's Up stamp sets
Surf's Up Level 2 papers
Kraft & Slate cardstock
Slate, Crystal Blue & Desert Sand ink
DE Monograms "B", "E", "A". "C" & "H"
Foundry Pin Clips
3-D foam tape
White tissue paper
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: banner
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge 48

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Love the colors of your layout. How cool is making your own matching washi tape! And, I like how your title is different fonts, looks great!!