Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Great Pumpkin Adventure Layout

I was invited to be a guest designer for Child's Play Challenges this month, and I needed to find inspiration from the book "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" This was a bit of a puzzle for me since I didn't really have any nature photos that I needed to scrap, but as I looked at the bear, it occurred to me that he kinda looks paper pieced. Voila, I knew what to do. I had an unfinished Halloween pumpkins layout that I had been working on this week that needed a special touch, plus I remembered this card from talented CTMH consultant Jody Gustafson, and I put the ideas together to create paper pieced pumpkins to match the layout! Be sure to visit Child's Play to see the creative ways the design team was inspired by the book.


Recipe:
Spellbound Level 2 papers
Sunset, Olive, Black, Desert Sand & White Daisy cardstock
Black & Olive ink
Black and Olive markers
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge 32
Wishblade: title
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: circles, ovals

2 comments:

Wendy aka wendella247 said...

This dps is just fabulous! You sure aced the challenge and the layout is super. Love your paper pieced pumpkins! Fun pics too.

Dawn - Decorating Days said...

I love the pumpkins on this, especially the way they sit outside the box.