Wednesday, August 14, 2013

SCS Variety Challenge 194 - Spooky Halloween

It's the second Wednesday of the month, and that means another Splitcoast Stampers' Variety Challenge is headed your way! Feel free to play along using the link below. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

SBVC194 - Going Through the Motions
For this week's challenge, include a movable part on your layout. This could be anything from a spinner that moves to point to various items to the rotating wheels on a stamped or paper pieced train.

This challenge helped me add a fun finishing touch to my layout. I knew I wanted to add a spider to the web on the right hand page, but then I thought how fun it would be if the spider actually moved. I put my thinking cap on and, with the use of some embroidery floss and my paper piercer, my little spider can creep to the edge of his web and back to the center. Fun!


A quick recommendation if you're going to use a technique similar to mine and your die-cut has small parts: coat it with Liquid Glass or a similar product to make it a little stronger. My kids have been playing with the spider and it looks a little bedraggled now!

Recipe:
Moonlight Level 2 papers
Autumn Terracotta, Black, Slate & Colonial White cardstock
Black marker
Black embroidery floss
Black & Autumn Terracotta Bigger Brads
Autumn Terracotta spiral clip
Cricut Artiste cartridge: spiderwebs, spiders, skull, title
Pattern: Sketch 'n Scrap #38

12 comments:

Lisa in Texas said...

What a great idea! Love your movable spider! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Stephanie Eaken said...

SUch a fun Halloween page!! Thanks for joinig us at Sketch N Scrap!

Debbie P said...

Awesome job making this into a two pager! I love Halloween and all the decor that comes with it! Love the spider web! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

Kelly said...

Fabulous two page layout! Love the spider too. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

Kerry said...

Spooktacular layout (sorry had to say it) Great job on the webs and the spider. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Fantastic and fun double page. Very cute.Thanks for joining us at
Sketch-N-Scrap.
Rachelle-DT
xxx

Ria Montefalcon said...

Great layout Cheryl. I love how you did an interactive spider on this project. Just so fun. So glad you played along with us at Sketch N Scrap.
xx Ria

Brandi Matos said...

You totally ROCKED these pages!!! Very nicely done!!
Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!!!!!

theoldesaltbox said...

Wonderful layouts! Love those spider webs. Thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap

Theresa said...

super clever! great spread. thanks for playing along with us at Sketch~N~Scrap.

Tamika said...

hmmm that means that I would have to let people touch my layout, don't know about that, lol.

Jen said...

Love the layout!! Halloween is one of my favorites! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!