Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mr. Luna Layout

There's a new Close to My Heart challenge blog called Rose Blossom Garden Challenges, and the idea is to use your CTMH Cricut cartridges to create artwork.The latest challenge is to use any of the images from the Birthday Boy key from Artiste (p. 68 in the booklet). I was working on pictures from my son's school album, and since this key features lots of space images, I knew it was a perfect fit for Adrian's second grade teacher, Mr. Luna! (Luna means moon in Spanish, just in case you didn't know). And since CTMH is coming to Australia and New Zealand very soon, I figured it would also be fun to incorporate the current Southern Girl's challenge to use punches or die-cuts. The journaling reads: Adrian's second grade teacher was out of this world!
Recipe:
Cashmere, Cocoa, Sunset, Dutch Blue & Honey cardstock
Cocoa, Sunset, Dutch Blue & Honey ink
Cocoa & Honey markers
Irresitibles Lots of Dots alphabet stickers
Striped Chocolate ribbon
3-D foam tape
Pattern: 2 Broke Girls NSD Sketch 1
Cricut Artiste cartridge: planet, stars, rocketships

9 comments:

Jeanie B said...

Great scrapbook page using the Birthday Boy key from Artiste. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sara Zeller said...

This is a wonderful layout! I love the way you used the key here. Those spaceships are "out of this world" and that sweet photo of your son is so cute. Thank you so much for joining us at the Rose Blossom Garden, I hope to see you back!!

Lynn said...

What a fun layout! I love the play on words and how you used the die cuts, especially the little rockets which take your eye all across the page. Thanks for sharing at the Rose Blossom Garden!

Marg Van Patten said...

Hi Cheryl!!! I'm so happy to see your entry here at the RBG Challenge .... and an awesome one at that! Clever use of the key cuts, title, and darling photo. Hope you pay us another visit soon!

Eva Marie said...

Lovely LO ♥
Thanks for playing at SGC
xx

Unknown said...

I love that we inspired you to create this page and what a great page it is. Thanks for playing along at RBG. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Unknown said...

Mr Luna!!! How perfect for this use of the birthday boy key! Great job on the little rockets too! I love it!

Karen said...

How wonderfully creative. I love how "clean" your layout is and the movement you created with the spaceships.

Kim Hill said...

What a cute layout! Love the clean and simple look. Thanks for playing in the garden!