Sunday, March 17, 2013

Monkey Card

The theme for the baby shower I'm going to this afternoon is jungle, so I decided to put together a jungle card. I started with the emerging colors technique to stamp the background, and then layered papers until I got the look I wanted. The monkey wasn't quite working for me until I dug through my box of scraps and found a left-over vine from one of my workshops. Ta-da, monkey swinging from a vine. Love it!

Recipe:
Jungle Leaves, Life's a Jungle & With Love stamp sets
Chocolate, Topiary, Desert Sand, Bamboo &White Daisy cardstock
Chocolate, Topiary, Cocoa & Versamark ink
Clear embossing powder
Chocolate grosgrain ribbon
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: vine, scalloped border, scalloped square
Challenges entered: Heart 2 Heart "Go green" challenge (I used lots of green and all the die-cut pieces were recycled from other projects); Creative Belli challenge (also a green theme)

1 comment:

Paige Dolecki said...

What an adorable baby card! I've always loved that jungle animal set and the technique you used on the background looks fabulous. I'm clicking over now to check out how you did it!

Thanks for sharing your art with us at Heart2Heart this week!

Paige