Friday, June 8, 2012

Search High & Low Layout

I guess I'm in inspired-by-a-song mode, because the title for this layout slipped into my head and I didn't realize until today that it's from Climb Every Mountain, a song from one of my favorite musicals, The Sound of Music. My kids weren't exactly chasing their dreams, but I thought the idea of searching everywhere was fitting for this layout. I was also inspired by Patti's Thursday challenge at Splitcoast Stampers: use the quote she gave us, plus bright colors, ribbon, and buttons. She wanted us to use squares, too, but I couldn't quite make that work. And since I'm such a talented seamstress (not), I thought I'd participate in the Fabulous Friday Stitching Challenge at Frosted Designs. It takes real talent to pierce holes for your stitching using a template and yet end up with a crooked line - LOL! Oh well, practice makes perfect, so hopefully I'll get the hang of this stitching thing before my eyesight goes and I can no longer thread a needle.


Recipe:
My Peeps & Sensational Season stamp sets
Splendor Level 2 papers
Moonstruck, Chocolate, Topiary & Colonial White cardstock
Moonstruck, Chocolate & Goldrush ink
Moonstruck, Topiary & Goldrush markers
Colonial White ric-rac
Topiary, Chocolate & Colonial White craft buttons
Topiary, Chocolate, Moonstruck & White Daisy embroidery floss
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: title & tabs
Pattern: Let's Scrap Sketch 8-31-11

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your 2-pager!!! I can't sew straight with any tool I use including a sewing machine LOL!! It looks just perfect, just like you made it with love!!

Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!!

BrendaB said...

Oh my gosh, your boys are too cute! Love the stitching - it's a great accent! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.