Friday, June 29, 2012

Recycled Giraffe Layout

I won the color challenge last week at Color My Heart so I was asked to be a guest designer this week. The challenge is pretty fun and allows for a lot of creativity: chose a current paper pack and add an unexpected color to it! I picked Roxie, which has a color palette of Black, Cocoa, Desert Sand, Smoothie, and Tulip. I love the animal print papers and, since I wanted to scrap some giraffe pictures, I substituted Sunset and a little Topiary for the Smoothie and Tulip.  The giraffe stamp was a bit challenging to do because I wanted it to face the opposite direction. It took multiple tries to get it right, but here's what I did: I inked up the stamp, then very carefully rolled my brayer across the inked stamp (it tended to stick or slip, so I had to go slowly) and rolled the resulting reversed image onto my paper. The image is a little softer than a regular stamped image and has some nice texture to it. I used EMS Sketch Challenge 30 for the layout design but reversed it.

Recipe:
Welcome Baby & Tiny Typewriter Alphabet stamp sets
Roxie Level 2 papers
Sunset, Topiary & Colonial White cardstock
Sunset, Topiary, Cocoa & Black ink
Black marker
Topiary & Cocoa craft buttons
Wooden button
Sunset Baker's Twine
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge 30
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: title

No comments: