Monday, May 28, 2012

Strong Roots Layout

I love these family photos that were taken this spring with my parents and sister. This page is a little tribute to how much their support has meant to me throughout my life.  It's Mini-Virtual Scrapbook Night at Splitcoast Stampers, so I took Lela's challenge to use 4 items from her list plus 1 technique and incorporate them into my layout. The items I chose were: felt, ribbon, a swirl, 4+ patterned papers, and metal embellishments (that's 5, but hopefully it's okay). My technique was distressing. Paper Secrets' May Stash Challenge was to use only scraps and old embellishments on your layout, so I dove into my stash and found the Back Country papers and My Stickease, plus the felt swirl which I had totally forgotten about.

Recipe:
Neighborhood & Alphabet Solos "F" stamp sets
Back Country Level 2 papers & My Stickease
Goldrush, Outdoor Denim, Barn Red & Colonial White cardstock
Outdoor Denim & Barn Red ink
Outdoor Denim marker
Cork Color-Ready Alphabet stickers
Twill ribbon
Heartfelt Wonder swirl die-cut
Outdoor Denim frame & brads
3-D foam tape
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: stars & title
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge 31

No comments: