Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Celebrate Easter Layout

Hmmm. . .  Have you ever created a layout and couldn't quite decide whether you liked it or you wanted to tear the whole thing apart and start over? This is one of those layouts for me. I was kinda stuck for paper since I didn't have anything that perfectly matched that bright pink dress, so the Sweetheart papers were the closest I could come. I wanted to use my Cricut to cut out the egg shapes and have the background paper showing through, but I'm not sure that really worked either. And the yellow. . . There's lots of yellow in my pictures, but I don't know if it looks quite right on the layout. Is the big journaling strip right in the middle too much? Should I have framed the two 4x6 photos on the left page and the 4x6 on the right page in light pink? This is one of those "Let me have it, ladies" layouts. Should I leave it as is and call it done, or are there small fixes I can do to make it much better? Help!


Recipe:
Eastertime, AP Celebrations & Felicity stamp sets
Sweetheart Level 2 papers
Colonial White, Buttercup & Black cardstock
Black, Cotton Candy & Creme Brulee ink
Black marker
Bitty sparkles
White embroidery floss
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: eggs, butterflies
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge 30b

1 comment:

Carla said...

WOW! Love the yellow with the sweetheart paper!! Never would have thought of that combo! Thanks for the inspiration!