Saturday, March 17, 2012

LOAD #12 - 2 Tired 4 Words


Happy Saint Patrick's Day, everyone! I've fallen a bit behind on my LOAD challenge, but am determined to get caught up today. Here's my first layout. This week's inspiration challenge at Split Coast Stampers was to browse the Celtic Shamrock site and be inspired by something there. As soon as I saw this cute patchwork kitty, I knew what I wanted to do! I went through my paper packs and cut out a bunch of 1" squares. I was able to use lots of scraps, and it was fun that all the different shades of green actually look okay together. Instead of using regular Grey Wool cardstock for my accent color, I used White Daisy textured cardstock and brayered it with Greg Wool ink, trying to mimic the texture of the van's seat cushions. I also added a few Foundry Pin Clips to look like the cat's whiskers. The title was cut out on my Wishblade.


Recipe:
Intrinsic Backgrounds stamp set
Animal Cookies, Believe, Boom-Di-Ada, Elemental, Emporium, Evensong & Tinkerin'  Level 2 papers
Colonial White, Clover Meadow & Kraft cardstock
White Daisy textured cardstock
Grey Wool, Clover Meadow & Desert Sand ink
Chocolate marker
Twill ribbon
Pewter mini brads
Pattern: Abracadabra from Magic

No comments: