Saturday, November 5, 2011

EMS Sketch Challenge 34 - The Looong Flight Home

Anyone up for a sketch challenge? I haven't done one for a few weeks, so here's one I came up with this morning! It's pretty simple, but I threw a couple variations into my layout. First, I rounded the corners of the large paper and the right hand photo so I wouldn't have as many straight angles. I also replaced the stars with clocks to reflect my theme. Since my journaling was way too long for the space I had designated, I cut an opening in the paper that holds the photo collage, and I inserted a journaling strip behind it. You pull up on the tab in order to reveal a little bit of the journaling at a time. Fun idea I got from Jeanette Lynton's latest pattern book, Magic. Except for a vacation that I will scrap separately, this is the last of my photos from 2007. Yay!

The Sketch:
My Layout:
 

Recipe:
Trinity Alphabet, Flyin' High, Make It Count & Notice the Details stamp sets
Animal Cookies Creative Basics papers
White Daisy & Sunflower cardstock
Chocolate & Dutch Blue ink
Tulip brads
3-D foam tape

No comments: