Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Week 7 Layout Linky - Wupatki

Ever had a layout that just wouldn't come together? That was this layout for me. I had some great ideas, but every time I sat down to work on it, I ended up walking away frustrated. Today I finally decided to just finish it, and it's so nice to have it done and my workspace cleared off! I used a challenge from Split Coast Stampers: create a layout using inspiration found from something in the Kirkland’s online catalog. I found some cute wall decor pieces that had a spiral motif in wire, so I imitated those using some artist's wire. To create the spirals on the Dutch Blue cardstock, I placed a metal spiral clip under the cardstock and used a finishing file to sand away the color, revealing the white core underneath. Cool, huh? I also used EMS Sketch Challenge 2 for the pattern.



Recipe:
Extreme Alphabet stamp set
Patterned paper (DCWV)
Dutch Blue & Bamboo cardstock
Autumn Terracotta, Brown Bag & Dutch Blue ink
Brown Bag marker
Twill ribbon
Antique Copper Bigger Brads
Antique Copper wire (Artistic Wire Ltd)

***If you are participating in the challenge, please use the link below to link your layout to this post. You have until Friday at 11:59PM PST to post your seventh week's layout. The link will allow you to post a title and thumbnail that link to your site, where we can see the layout in all its glory! Note: please do not post from a password protected site that will require us to input a password before viewing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Cheryl, I had that very same problem with that very same challenge! I liked the artwork but couldn't get it to jive with my page but I did finally finish it last week...I guess that's the point of a challenge to stretch your imagination...boy did it! Your layout is wonderful and I would never have thought you struggled with it!

Tanya said...

The sanded spirals are a really cool idea!

Chanel's Owner aka Michelle said...

Nice layout. And funny...had issues doing my layout as well. :)