Sunday, January 2, 2011

52 Layout Challenge

Happy New Year, everyone. Hope you all are starting the year in good health and with high hopes for a great year. I have started January with a layout a day (LOAD) challenge for the last couple of years, but that's probably not such a hot idea right now since I have to pack up all my stuff Wednesday to transport it to the new house. I'd like to think it's the first thing I'll unpack, but I have to be realistic. My husband will probably think it's more important to have toothpaste than scrapbook supplies! In lieu of a LOAD challenge, I want to issue a weekly challenge, inspired by fellow CTMH consultant Jen Rubio. What if, instead of collecting scrapbook supplies, you actually used them? Novel concept, huh? Well, I want to challenge you in 2011 to complete a scrapbook layout every week. If you complete just one layout every week of the year, you will have 52 layouts by the end of the year! That's enough to fill a whole album. I will create a weekly post to which you can link your layout, and we will keep track together of how many layouts you can complete. I will issue a point for each layout completed, redeemable at the end of the year for scrapbooking supplies. You must complete at least 40 layouts, posted weekly, to be eligible to receive your rewards. Who is interested? Please let me know ASAP since the clock has already started ticking on 2011!

9 comments:

awjmgmom said...

I"ll play. I may challenge myself some months to do the LOAD or LOeveryOtherDay. I pray the details of your move are getting smoothed out!

Chanel's Owner aka Michelle said...

I am in. That was my personal chanllenge to myself!

Wendy said...

I hope your move goes smoothly!! I finally got around to posting my ZOO layouts on my new blog. Thanks for the inspiration!!!!!

scrapbuggingtherapy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you were going to be able to do your LOAD challenge; I've been lurking and am completely impressed that you're even thinking about scrapbooking while moving! :-) I would like to participate in the challenge...does it have to be CTMH products? Good luck with your move, I hope it all goes well and there are no more hiccups!

Cheryl Even said...

Mary Pat, you do not have to use CTMH products, but the prize will be CTMH products (plus the satisfaction of getting 52 layouts done)! The first week's link is up and will be valid until Friday at midnight, so start scrapping and posting.

Tanya said...

This is a great idea Cheryl! I'm in! :)

Lela said...

Cheryl, I too am super impressed that you can even think about scrapbooking and moving at the same time. Way to go! I'm in for your weekly challenge :) I do want to keep using my stash of supplies!

Cheryl Even said...

Just a heads up: in order to earn your point for the week, you must link your layout to the Week 1 post by Friday at 11:59 PM PST. You can still participate on subsequent weeks if you don't have time to create a layout by tomorrow night, but you'll forfeit this week's point.

Unknown said...

fabulous idea Cheryl! I will try to play along!