Friday, April 2, 2010

April LOAD #2 - Fish House Vera Cruz

One of my favorite places to eat fish is the Fish House Vera Cruz. If you're ever in San Marcos, California, it's well worth visiting. The food is delicious! There's always a wait for a table, so the kids entertain themselves by watching the fish in the huge fish tank in the lobby. We went there with friends in March 2007 to celebrate Elliot's second birthday. I was so happy to capture a sweet moment when Elliot was staring fascinated at the fish tank while his older brother gazed solemnly into the camera lens. It's one of my favorite pictures of them.

On this layout, I used the stamp set "At the Aquarium," long discontinued but still one I pull out to scrapbook anything fishy! To highlight the two larger photos, I dry embossed a square around them and then sanded the cardstock to reveal the white core underneath. It's a fun and not too difficult technique to help make your pictures pop!



Recipe:
At the Aquarium, Charm Upper Alphabet, Charm Lowercase Alphabet & Say It In Style stamp sets
Rustic Trails Level 2 papers & My Stickease
Indian Corn Blue & Goldrush cardstock
Cocoa ink
Cocoa marker
Photo hanger
Hemp

Pattern: Unified Whole from Cherish

4 comments:

Linda said...

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss116/twinstimestwo/DSCF0003.jpg

Second layouts of the Caboodle WOTG.

The pictures are of my daughter dancing to the extras at the end of Barbie Three Muskateers. She is a ham and was having a blast!

Chanel's Owner aka Michelle said...

http://ownerofchanel.blogspot.com/2010/04/load-2-challenge.html

Cheryl Even said...

Linda, I'm loving the Caboodle! I can't wait to see what's next. Michelle, crazy fun pictures, and I love how you rotated the layout. Just an FYI, you do not have to use my layout to make yours. You are free to use any pattern, etc. you want (including mine, if you so choose)!

Chanel's Owner aka Michelle said...

Dont have to use your example...now I got it! I may, seems a little challenging if you don't mind. Have a happy Easter.