Tuesday, January 19, 2010

LOAD #19 - Our Little Hairy Man

I have my layout all ready to go, but I can't post it because we're having computer problems. Boohoo!!! I'll try to get it up tomorrow. Hopefully my hubby can figure out what's wrong with my computer!

It's tomorrow, and the computer is still not fixed. I heard from a friend that she's having the same problem (hard drive won't boot up), so maybe all the rain we're having in Southern California is affecting my computer. I'm posting this from my husband's laptop, which doesn't have a scanner hooked up to it, hence the less than stellar image of my layout today! It's the best photo I could take of it. This is another layout for my son's baby album, this time with a humorous look at how much hair he had all over his body as a newborn. I didn't use any really cool techniques on this, but I do have a tip for those who are into getting the most mileage out of your supplies. I had used a journaling box from the Dazzling Diecuts package, and I had the leftover frame from where I punched out the diecut. I cut around the edge to create an outline frame, which I then inked up with Sorbet ink to use as a frame around part of the bottom picture.



Recipe:
Tiny Typewriter Alphabet, Charm Lowercase Alphabet, Extreme Caps & Simple Stitches stamp sets
Twitterpated Level 2 papers
Colonial White cardstock
Cocoa & Sorbet ink
Cocoa marker
White Daisy Dazzling Diecuts
Dimensional Elements in Color: Organic
Sweet Leaf embroidery floss

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is TOTALLY stolen from your Halloween layout!!! I hope you forgive me for my blatant scraplifting!! I just loved your version with the many photos so much more than their's...and I'm really happy with how it turned out! I don't usually crop like this, I tend to stick to the more traditional sizes...but this was fun to just go a little crop crazy! Thanks for your inspiration, Cheryl!

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/wiersmam/12x12%20Layouts/19.jpg

Linda said...

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss116/twinstimestwo/San%20Jose%20Mission%20concert/DSCF0008.jpg

So this layout need something more...probably journaling and I just bought Hannah Montana cricut cart. because of the musical notes.

This layout is more of the Missions concert.

Cheryl hope your computer gets fixed!

Linda said...

Monica, love your layout!

Unknown said...

Cheryl - cute, cute, CUTE!! How do you do your big circle? Coluzzle? Or trace and cut? I liked the half circle on the felicity layout so much, that I think I'm going to have to do this type of layout again! Your's looks fabulous!

Linda - I think you're right...just some journaling on the left page and maybe a little something 3-D on the strip on your right page, and it will be good to go!

Cheryl Even said...

Monica, I'm cracking up right now because you chose the exact color scheme of the layout I scraplifted. Too funny. I love how you got all those pictures on it. Go, multi-photo layouts! Re: your question, my hubby bought me the new big circle template and cutting mat from CM for Christmas. The biggest circle is almost 12x12, so it's great for layouts like this. Well worth the investment. Linda, I'm with you on the journaling. A great start to the layout, though. I hope you re-post it when you finish the last details. I'd love to see it.

Beth P said...

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/BethPscrapper/January%202010%20scrapbook%20layouts/DSC_6271_edited-1.jpg

ok, catching up a little. It's been a really hectic week.