Wednesday, January 13, 2010

LOAD #13 - Sing Praise!

I backtracked a few months in order to scrapbook the final layout for last summer's VBS. When I was scrapping my other VBS photos, I realized I didn't have any music stamps, so I ordered Encore, a brand new stamp set found in the Spring 2010 CTMH idea book. I paired it with the January stamp of the month, True Friends, and some more retired B&T paper. There's no journaling on the page because I'm sticking it in one of the pockets on the facing photo storage page (not pictured). I'm not crazy about the layout, but considering the primary color palette I had to work with (Bubblegum and Citrus Leaf!), I did my best. By the way, if you're following this challenge, don't forget to check out Monica, Linda, and Beth's layouts. Links are posted in the comments, and the layouts are really worth seeing. Until tomorrow, keep on scrapping'!



Recipe:
Encore, True Friends, Friendship Alphabet Small & Simple Stitches stamp sets
Summer Celebration B&T Combo papers
Cocoa, Desert Sand & White Daisy cardstock
Cocoa, Desert Sand, Bubblegum & Citrus Leaf ink
Cocoa marker
3-D foam tape
Sponge
Scalloped scissors (Fiskars)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cheryl, I don't agree AT ALL about not liking this! I think it's fabulous! I was just thinking how the little details, like a few well placed "stitches", and your asymmetric photos really show your creative skill! Without Jeanette Lynton, I'm totally useless!!!

Straight out of one CTMHs books, I'm quite happy with this layout! I used the tickled pink ss, with the 'happy everything' ss (it's not actually called that, but you know what I mean!), felicity ss and one of the retired ones called "because of you". I'm almost through all of my stored up layouts from this past week of productivity, as dh and I went to a movie tonight (you HAVE to go see the Sherlock Holmes flick!), so no new lo today! Maybe I should start one now...

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/wiersmam/12x12%20Layouts/13.jpg
http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/wiersmam/12x12%20Layouts/13b.jpg

Cheryl Even said...

Monica, I wish I could take credit for this design, but check out page 32 of Imagine. I tweaked it a bit, but the original idea was Jeanette's. What would we do without her? I love the flower pot on your layout. So cute how you combined elements from 2 stamp sets. Good luck scrapping today. I am almost done with mine, so I hope to post soon, as long as nothing happens to prevent me!

Linda said...

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss116/twinstimestwo/New%20Orleans%20Trip%202009/DSCF0124.jpg

Getting smart and posting the link first!

Last of the Felicity and New Orleans pictures!

Cheryl do you care whether the paper is CTMH or not. I am trying to use up old non CHTM paper and get to where I pretty much only use CTMH. Just wondering...it is your thing!

Off to make cards!

Beth P said...

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/BethPscrapper/January%202010%20scrapbook%20layouts/DSC_6252_edited-1.jpg

Girls day out and WCS newletters. More 6th grade stuff....Since I'm doing a school scrapbook, I'm just basically pasting a bunch of stuff in, which I'm not sure counts as a "layout"? :) I'm counting it anyway. It's getting organized, after all.

Beth P said...

BTW, Cheryl, love the layout. :)

Cheryl Even said...

Linda, please use whatever paper you like. I confess, I have a bunch of non-CTMH stuff that is collecting dust in my scrap area, so I really need to pull out some older photos and use those supplies to scrap them. That will probably be my personal challenge for February!