Monday, November 16, 2009

July 4th Pool Party Layout

What a busy weekend I've had. My older son played 2 soccer games, and he's now finished for the season (secret sigh of relief). I held my cardmaking and scrapbooking workshops, and they were received with delight. It was so exciting to hear the ladies ooh and aah as I pulled out each new card we were going to create. It all took longer than I had planned, but the ladies had fun, so that's what's important, right? Here's a layout I meant to share last Wednesday in honor of Veteran's Day, but time got away from me and I never got it posted. Oh well, better late than never. I usually struggle with patriotic layouts (the red-white-blue color scheme is hard for me to work with), so this time I went with a totally different color scheme and used stars to support the theme. I love how it came out, and I hope it inspires you, too. The pattern is Memoirs Complete from Imagine, and I combined My Stickease with stamping to create the title and embellishments.



Recipe:
July Word Puzzle stamp set
Good Times Level 2 papers
Good Times My Stickease
Sweet Leaf, Buttercup & Colonial White cardstock
Chocolate & Twilight ink
White Daisy Dazzling Die Cuts
Chocolate brad
Chocolate marker

No comments: