Friday, September 18, 2009

Waikiki Layout

I recently got a package of Perfect Day Level 2 papers as part of a CTMH promotional, and I knew the slightly ornate design on the Sorbet paper would go perfectly with the picture of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. I debated on using the Juniper that comes with the paper pack, since it is picked up in the details of the hotel awnings, but it made the ocean pictures look funny, so I settled for Crystal Blue with Creme Brulee and Chocolate accent pieces. I stamped the Crystal Blue with descriptive words using Crystal Blue ink, producing a tone-on-tone look that doesn't overwhelm the photos. The rest went together pretty easily, and now I only have 2 layouts left to scrap from our Hawaii vacation. Woohoo! If I can crank out one tonight while I'm watching t.v. with the hubby, and try to fit one in tomorrow after the kids' soccer games, I will have achieved my goal of completing my Hawaii album this week. Now bad, considering I originally though I could polish the whole thing off in July! Wish me luck.



Recipe:
Friendship Word Puzzle, August Word Puzzle, Chocolate Alphabet Large & Daydream stamp sets
Perfect Day Level 2 papers
Crystal Blue, Chocolate, Creme Brulee & White Daisy cardstock
Crystal Blue, Chocolate, Creme Brulee, Sorbet & Bamboo ink
Sorbet & Creme Brulee markers
Blender pen
Chocolate brads
Copper eyelets (Making Memories)

No comments: