Monday, September 14, 2009

Father's Day Layout

I didn't get much scrapping done this weekend since I attended the Women of Faith Conference in Anaheim (Woohoo!), but I eked out this layout on Sunday after church. It's another of Helen Onulak's challenges, this time using the Imagine pattern, Sweet Symphony. I featured these sweet pictures of my sons with their daddy this past Father's Day, and the Stardust paper was an excellent accompaniment, as well as giving me the idea for a title. While creating this layout, I discovered that, even thought I have tons of stamps and supplies, I tend to reach for a few of my favorites most of the time. I love the versatility of the Hodge Podge Alphabet stamp set, and Star Struck has such cute arrows, stars, and circles that it goes with many layouts. Another favorite item is the Basic Craft buttons. These just debuted this month in the Fall/Winter CTMH catalog, but I have already used them on several layouts. The neutral colors make them so easy to work with. If you don't already have these three items, they are "must buys." Put them on your list - you won't regret it. I only have 4 more Hawaii layouts to scrapbook, so I'm going to go sit at my desk right now and see how many I can crank out. I really want to finish these by the end of the week so that I can move on to others subjects, like catching up on Adrian's school album and our current family photos. Wish me luck!



Recipe:
Hodge Podge Alphabet, Headline Alphabet, July Word Puzzle & Star Struck stamp sets
Stardust Level 2 papers
Lilac Mist, Chocolate & Bamboo cardstock
Bamboo, Desert Sand, Moonstruck & Versamark ink
Basic Craft Buttons
Embroidery floss
Chocolate & Moonstruck markers
Embossing powder
Liquid Glass
Connections Club Clear Shapes
Star punch (unknown source)

1 comment:

LivingLife said...

Love this layout!
You also sent me a recipe for another layout and I wanted to say 'Thanks so much'
Will check back on your blog often to see your latest works of heart & art :-)