Friday, August 28, 2009

Waimea Valley Layout

What a week this has been for our poor computer! My hubby finally got it working again, but he had to reconfigure it quite a bit. I was all ready to use it yesterday to scan some layouts when the power to our neighborhood went out. We were without electricity for 14 hours (on one of the hottest days of the summer), and we ended up sleeping outside because it was so hot in the house. But finally, I was able to sit down today and scan a layout, so here it is. This is from our visit to the Waimea Valley Audubon Center. Although it has changed a bit since the days when it was the Waimea Valley Adventure Park, the scenery is still as beautiful as ever. We really missed the tram, though, as we hiked the 3/4 mile up to the Falls. I used one of Becky Higgin's sketches for this layout, and was able to fit 10 pictures on it. I cut the title out using my Wishblade, and I love how I was able to get that delicate look to it. I think it goes really well with the lovely Bella paper pack (one of my favorites). By the way, my son really does not look like the photo on the far left makes him appear. When I was scanning the layout, something happened to compress the picture a bit, so I noticed his squashed down face makes him resemble a gnome or troll - not the case in real life at all!



Recipe:
With Love stamp set
Bella Level 2 paper pack
Garden Green, Amethyst & Topiary cardstock
White Daisy textured cardstock
Petal, Topiary, Creme Brulee & Desert Sand ink
White Daisy Dazzling Die Cuts
Topiary Marker
Wishblade (Xyron)

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I love this. What a great layout!