Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hawaii 2006 Layout

My kids are both out of school and summer has officially arrived in our house. I am busier than a bee right now with swimming lessons, entertaining the kids, and teaching music at Vacation Bible School, but I thought I'd take a moment to post a layout from our Hawaii vacation in 2006. It was created on a True Fit 12 x 12 Folio (essentially a large file folder) that I can put into a scrapbook memory protector. It will hold all my memorabilia from this vacation, so I don't have to try to incorporate it onto my layouts. I wrote the journaling on a piece of cardstock and fastened it to the page using a spiral clip. It can be removed so you can read the journaling on both sides of the card. The Bamboo paper at the bottom is random stamped using a hibiscus flower stamp inked with Bamboo (for a tone on tone effect) and Desert Sand ink. I started scrapping this layout last week, and plan to complete the whole Hawaii vacation album this month. What a challenge this will be! We'll see if I can do it. I picked out all my patterns, printed my photos, and cropped them all to size, so I just need to get creative with papers and embellishments. 1 layout done, only 25 to go!



Recipe:
Playful Caps & Extreme Happiness stamp sets
True Fit Folio
Crystal Blue, Bamboo, Indian Corn Blue & White Daisy cardstock
Crystal Blue, Bamboo, Indian Corn Blue, Desert Sand & Cranberry ink
Love Letters rub-ons
Cranberry spiral clip
Indian Corn Blue marker

No comments: