Thursday, June 18, 2009

Soccer

I finished most of this layout a while ago, but never got around to journaling on it. While I believe a picture is worth a thousand words, there are still some pictures that require explanation (like these ones). Now the layout is finally complete, and I wanted to share it with you. My son started soccer in March for the first time, and I wanted to capture his excitement over his first practice. Actually, he remained excited for the whole season, which doesn't always happen, so we were grateful he has found something that he really loves to do. The pattern for the layout is Duplicate Patterns (right hand page) from Cherish. I used the Best Shot stamp set to create the title and the little picture squares. Love this set, and I'm thinking I'll get a lot of mileage out of it! The circle patterned paper is discontinued, and I'm not even sure of the name, since it was a freebie from before I became a CTMH consultant. For the title, I wanted to use the mesh stamp, but I also wanted the word soccer to show up well, so I second generation stamped the mesh. Basically, I inked up the stamp in Cocoa ink, stamped it on a scratch piece of paper, and then stamped it on my cardstock. This is a great way to get a perfectly matched color but in a lighter shade. How's that for my tip of the day? I'm sure you will see more soccer layouts posted by me, but I'm really happy with how this first one turned out.



Recipe (all CTMH):
Best Shot stamp set
Blue Ribbon papers
Cocoa & Bamboo cardstock
Cocoa, Cranberry & Sweet Leaf ink
Cocoa Marker
Chocolate brads

No comments: