Friday, June 19, 2009

Retirement Card

One of the teachers at Elliot's pre-school is retiring this week after 29 years of service. Needless to say, we are all sad to see her go. I made this card for her using the Wishing You Well sentiment from the Say It in Style stamp set. We really will miss her, but I'm sure she will continue to touch people's lives in whatever she chooses to do next. Thanks for the years of service, Mrs. Shaffer. The colors on this card were inspired by CTMH founder Jeanette Lynton's Color Me Monday challenge on her blog. This week, the colors she asked us to try together were Juniper, Creme Brulee, Hollyhock, and Blush. I admit, I wasn't crazy about the combination when I laid out my papers on my scrap desk, but with a little work and the addition of some White Daisy cardstock to tone it down, I am now very pleased with the results. I had fun with the flower. Only the center is adhered down and secured with a brad. I allowed the petals to float free, and even curled the ends up a little to get the effect of a real flower. I don't know if they'll still be curled when she takes it out of the envelope, but hopefully they will. Thanks again, Mrs. Shaffer, and Jeanette for your inspiration.





Recipe (all CMTH unless noted):
Say It in Style & With Love stamp sets
Boom-Di-Ada paper
Juniper, Creme Brulee, Blush & White Daisy cardstock
Juniper, Creme Brulee & Hollyhock ink
Juniper brad
Creme Brulee Ribbon Rounds
Scalloped border punch (Fiskars)

2 comments:

Penny said...

your artwork is really great!!!! Glad I found this blog!

Penny said...

this card is beautiful!