Monday, June 22, 2009

Easter Sunday

I just finished this Easter Sunday layout using the Key to My Heart papers from the CTMH January special. It features our newest colors of Creme Brulee, Tulip, Juniper, and Sorbet (I only used the first two on this layout). The pictures I used weren't of the best quality, but I wanted to scrap them anyway in order to remind myself of this day. They were taken after we had eaten lunch, and Elliot was dashing around to avoid having his picture taken, while Adrian would only pose if we let him hold his new dinosaur. I know I will always think of that whenever I look at this layout, and isn't that what scrapbooking is all about? Preserving those treasured (and sometimes comical) memories. As I was working on this layout, I realized I had run out of the Lilac Mist cardstock I needed to mat the picture of Adrian with his dinosaur, so I improvised. I inked up my brayer using Lilac Mist ink, and then rolled it onto Colonial White cardstock. Once it dried, it produced a perfectly matched piece of cardstock. It even has a slightly mottled surface, which coordinates well with the distressed look of the background paper. So if you ever run out of cardstock, don't panic! Grab your brayer and start rolling.



Recipe:
Key to My Heart & Eastertime stamp sets
Key to My Heart paper pack
Garden Green, Creme Brulee, Tulip & Colonial White cardstock
Garden Green, Creme Brulee, Tulip & Lilac Mist inks
Mini-Medley Spring Blossom Photo Corner
Ribbon (source unknown)
Tulip marker
Sponge daubers
Brayer
Foam Squares

3 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful layout-I love your color combination. Thanks for the brayer tip!

Lori said...

What a pretty layout. Love the colors and flowers.

sandyh50 said...

Wonderful layout, and I think your pictures are great!