Friday, May 15, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Cards

I didn't get my box with new stamps in it until yesterday afternoon and so couldn't finish my thank you card for my BSF leader (maybe I'll be able to post it by tomorrow). Instead I worked on cards for Adrian and Elliot's teachers and teacher's aides. The new CTMH catalog had this really cute paper pack called Animal Cookies which seemed perfect for teacher cards. I used the Creative Basic Animal Cookies Collection, which features only two patterned papers, but I loved both of them. The cards turned out just as I wanted them - yay! - and I only used half a sheet of each patterned paper (plus cardstock, of course) to make six cards. Hmmm, I think I sense a card making workshop in the future. And here's a big shout out to all you teachers out there. You have no idea what an impact you make on your students, so, even when the going gets tough, keep up the great work. You really are making a difference!

Originals: Lucky Three

My own design

Originals: Pretty Simple (revised)


Recipe:
Creative Basic Animal Cookies patterned papers
Desert Sand, Sunflower & White Daisy Cardstock
Tulip, Dutch Blue, Sunflower & Clover Meadow ink
Homestead, Classmate & Friendship Alphabet stamp sets
Life's a Jungle, Friendship Word Puzzle, Dream Big & Alphabet Solos "Y" stamp sets
Spring Blossom Mini-Medly Accents
White Daisy Bulk Ricrac
Watercolor pencils
Blending pen
Sponges
Foam squares

1 comment:

Jaime Benavides said...

Oh Cheryl! It's so nice to see that you've finally got your blog up and running...You must be sooooo excited! Lovely artwork by the way and I look forward to following your blog. I can't wait to see what you come up with next;)